Street Furniture

Hana

My street furniture influence is taken from flower or in Japanese known as Hana (花). At first, we are suppose to just copy the design of any street furniture that we find in internet. But, then i decide to make my own design. Here, while making this street furniture entry, i shall remind my self back on how to use 3ds Max. Some of the feature that I use is Array, Extrude, Material, Render/Super Impose, and others.

Okay, let's begin!

STEP 1 

The Lamp

I made the street lamp, using LOFT. Made a line shape like the lamp, then make a rectangle. Loft using them. After that, go to Modifier List then to the DEFORMATION, there you can adjust the Scale, Bevel, Fit and others depends on your taste.

Then, using sphere make the lamp bulb cover.

STEP 2

The bench

The step that I made this bench is just using LOFT and EXTRUDE. The bench sit, i am using loft to make the shape as i make the lamp using line and rectangle. Then, I copied the shape to make it layered. For the leg, I am using line too. But, I am making the line at Front or Right View then I extrude it. Next, I rotate it, accordingly.

STEP 3

The Group Bench

To make this, I am just using ARRAY. How to make array? We need to adjust several things. First, pick the bench, that I want to array then, adjust the pivot, which can be get at the Hierarchy, select Affect Pivot only. Then adjust the position of the pivot at the Top View. Then, go to the TOOLS bar and pick ARRAY.




Then, change the Scale option to >. And adjusted the degree to 360 degree. Next, adjust the count option, depends on your own opinion. For me I only make it 10. Then, preview it, if you are not happy with it, change the count either lesser or more.

STEP 4

Render or Superimpose
First, pick the render option. Then as usual, select the Perspsctive View and render. But that, only make us render with the black or other colour background. So how, to make the background as above picture? Press number 8 button at your key board. It will pop out a box like this,



Then select, use map. click NONE and choose the picture that you want to be used as the background. Then click X, and render as usual. You may adjusted the position of the street furniture, according to the picture. DONE :)

No comments: